Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Policy Validation taking longer time

Posted Dec 24, 2020 09:16 AM

Hi all,

When I'm trying to open any policy in policy manager or trying to make any change and saving it, an pop-up of Validating Policy comes and it takes almost 20-25 mins to validate it. Any suggestions how this issue can be resolved?

• 2.  RE: Policy Validation taking longer time

Posted Dec 25, 2020 02:34 AM

Hello Sumeet,

This is not an issue, by default Policy Validation is enabled. You can disable it anytime you want from going to File -> Preference -> in preference tab you will an option called policy validation which you can uncheck.

Regards,

Aniket

• 3.  RE: Policy Validation taking longer time

Posted Mar 05, 2021 09:03 AM
    Does anyone know of a way to disable this by default? I'm hoping a setting in the Policy Managers .ini file would do it.

Thanks,

Justin

• 4.  RE: Policy Validation taking longer time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2021 03:47 PM
    Edited by Jay MacDonald Mar 05, 2021 03:51 PM
    This is done via the preferences in the Policy Manager. Click the preferences link at the top of the Policy Manager (below the menus) and uncheck "Policy Validation Feedback". This sets enable.policy.validation=false in .l7tech/ssg.properties. Note that I also check the "Remember Last Login ID" button to make logging in less onerous. Another Policy Manager tip is to turn off the Policy Validation Messages window so I get maximum policy editing real estate. This is via the top menu View -> Policy Messages checkbox.

------------------------------
    Jay MacDonald - Adoption Architect - Broadcom API Management (Layer 7)
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Policy Validation taking longer time

Posted Mar 08, 2021 09:02 AM
    Jay,

Thank you very much, that  ssg.properties file was exactly what I was looking for! We found ours in C:\Users\<user>\.l7tech directory for anyone hunting for it.

Thanks,

Justin