Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

API Gateway 9.2 does not accept cookies over 4700 characters

• 1.  API Gateway 9.2 does not accept cookies over 4700 characters

Posted Jan 08, 2021 03:02 PM
    We have a request with the multiple cookies and they all add up over 4700 characters and the gateway fails to accept the request itself.

However if the cookie size is limited to 4684, then it works.

I tested the request with over 4700 characters in the cookie on APIGW 10.0, it works fine.  Not sure what needs to be enabled in order to process the request in APIGW 9.2 

I do have the maxHttpHeaderSize variable in the listener port set to 16k 
    Listener Port Properties
    Any pointers on resolving this issue in APIGW 9.x would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Muthu 

• 2.  RE: API Gateway 9.2 does not accept cookies over 4700 characters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2021 12:12 PM
    Hello,

It's worth noting here that API Gateway 9.2 reached EOS over the weekend. You must be using Gateway 9.4 or Gateway 10 at this time for full support. Ref: https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-API-Gateway-Release-and-Support-Lifecycle-Dates/3023

I believe you are running into a limitation in version 9.2, and there's no option to increase that limit to my knowledge. Since Gateway 9.2 reached EOS though, nothing will change on that version. As you noted, it's working fine in Gateway 10 and that's the supported version as well so you should ideally be moving fully to 10 ASAP.

Dustin.

------------------------------
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------