Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  API Management of API Versions

Posted Mar 28, 2019 09:39 AM

How can I have an API with 2 versions in CA API Management SaaS?

In CA API Live API Creator - "you can create API versions. You can add, change, and remove resources yet preserve the existing API under an older version." 

Does that mean the products are incompatible? Any API Management allows the same API with different versions to exist but CA API Management SaaS seems to insist on a unique API name..

• 2.  Re: API Management of API Versions

Posted May 07, 2019 09:55 AM

I'm not familiar with API Creator, but with the SaaS developer portal I publish separate APIs per version, thus the version number making the name and Proxy URL unique (.e.g  my-api.v2.1, my-api.v3.0)

• 3.  Re: API Management of API Versions

Posted May 07, 2019 10:02 AM

The Design of the SaaS portal entry screen is misleading. 

It seems to imply that you can have a different version of the same API. You can't.

I cannot, for instance, have API 'Account', Version 1.0 and API 'Account' Version 2.0 unless I make the names different. 

That's not API management - that's publishing 2 different API's.. 

Maximum name length is 255 characters. Name must be unique.

The value for this field can only contain 0-9 and delimited with . _ and - characters.

Application calls are forwarded here. Maximum length is 255 characters.

• 4.  Re: API Management of API Versions

Posted May 07, 2019 10:05 AM

"That's not API management - that's publishing 2 different API's.. "

Agreed, I'm not saying that's the official recommended solution, I'm just relating to how my team currently achieves hosting side by side API versions.

• 5.  Re: API Management of API Versions

Posted May 07, 2019 10:24 AM

:/ We do the same thing and hate our solution . It's an easy fix for Broadcom though and it would make Gateway play nicely with their other products! 

thanks for replying - appreciated