Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  User question on Portal content

Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:49 AM

We are intending to also use the CA API Portal for third party use and mainly for communication. A lot of content will be uploaded and maintained because of that. As creating personalised content and pushing that as it is towards the Portal is problematic, I was wondering how this was tackled by other users?
    We want to be able easily access the Portal via a CMs for instance, making it easy and accessible. We'd like to use personalised content, without the ca.com links everywhere. We need to be able to copy our own Corporate profile into the Portal. How is this done by other users/ clients please?

• 2.  Re: User question on Portal content

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:54 PM

Hello,

In my understanding, the CA API Portal is focusing on "publishing APIs" rather than being a general-purpose Portal software. CA API Portal 3.x has a built-in CMS for publishing documents but it is externalized in CA API Portal 4.x as "BYOCMS" (Bring your own CMS).

I'm not aware of the future enhancements in the CA API Portal 4.x but you can post your expectations for the product as Ideas in this community.

Best regards,
    Seiji

• 3.  Re: User question on Portal content

Posted Nov 06, 2018 02:38 AM

Thanks Seiji. That was the answer I Was looking for. We are using the 4.2.x version. The CMS is a serious issue. Which CMS' can be used?

• 4.  Re: User question on Portal content

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2018 03:03 AM

Hello Michel,

Please see Integrate a Content Management System - CA API Developer Portal - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The CMS system, that you are using will need to support SAML Single Sign On, and can be used as a Federated Service Provider. In general the product supports CMS, but we don't claim to interact with any particular CMS and we don't maintain a list of ones that we know to work.

As example in our documentation we are using Drupal. 

Hope this helps

Conny

• 5.  Re: User question on Portal content
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2018 09:13 AM

But, where is the API Portal EE BYO CMS plug-in? ;-)