Layer 7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 12-03-2018 07:00 AM

Is there a limit to how much I can enhance the gateway's message processing capacity? Like say for example, if the gateway is designed to handle binary files (base64 encoded) in a SOAP message. Is there a way to increase the gateway's capacity to handle and forward 100+ MB messages to a backend server? How much can I safely increase the io.xmlPartMaxBytes cluster property and the Java Heap size of the gateway itself?

• 2.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-03-2018 10:14 AM

Hi ,

There is no one answer on this question as it depends on a lot off factors

like memory ,cpu , network .  and think like Load balancer and network setup.

type of communication

There is a general section in the documentation about optimizing the gateway :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-4/en/reference/troubleshoot-the-gateway/optimize-gateway-for-large-file-uploads

Regards Dirk

• 3.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 12-10-2018 03:14 PM

Good afternoon,

Did Dirk's response help you to move forward? Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support

• 4.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 12-24-2018 09:37 AM

Hi 
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk

• 5.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 11 days ago
    How do we handle the same for software version, if we need to allow upload of 100Mb file. Please let me know the details

• 6.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 8 days ago
    Dear Sampath,
    The cluster wide properties are the same for software gateway or virtual appliance gateway.
    You can allow bigger payload(file) by increase the cwp io.xmlPartMaxBytes.

Regards,
    Mark

• 7.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Mark,

I thought we need to change the something more in java heap memory side, as i remember that in one of the documentation it was suggested for Virtual Appliance.

Regards,
    Sampath

• 8.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 7 days ago
    Dear Sampath,
    You can set "node.java.heap" in the /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/etc/conf/node.properties file,
    for example,
    node.java.heap=4096

will set the heap size to 4096m, ie. -Xmx4096m

Regards,
    Mark

• 9.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Mark,

Thank you very much

Regards,
    Sampath