Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  unable to receive response from Backend API in when using API Explorer in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:04 AM

Hi, 

i'm facing recurrent issue when Testing an API published in Developer portal using the Api explorer. 

i following these steps for publishing the API:

1. i have a backend API available on a LAC SERVER (backend API url : https://lac.ness.com:8083/rest/default/banking/v1 )

2. i took the swagger file of this api and modified in it the point to my gateway tenant which is enrolled with the portal (this is the gw url :  https://gw3.local.poc:8443/banking_api/3

3. i successfully published the API with the modified swagger file using API key for authentication and also in the api explorer

now, i can test the API using a client app (like postman) via the gw url  and get response from the backend . however, when i test it using the API explorer of the portal i get the following error (see screenshot as well) : 

Error: Unable to make request. This may be due to a network error or a Cross-Origin Resource Sharing request pre-flight failure.

any ideas how can i resolve it ? 

• 2.  Re:  unable to receive response from Backend API in when using API Explorer in Portal

Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:35 AM

Hi,

Can you send a screenshot of your browser console after clicking on the submit button ?

Regards,

Alfred

• 3.  Re:  unable to receive response from Backend API in when using API Explorer in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:54 AM

• 4.  Re:  unable to receive response from Backend API in when using API Explorer in Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2018 06:05 AM

I think it's a certificate trust issue between your GW and your Browser.

Copy the Request URL in another tab of your Browser, then you will get a warning

because your Browser doesn't trust the certificate so you just have to proceed (Click on Advanced and so one).

Then go back to the API Explorer and try again.

Regards,

Alfred

• 5.  Re:  unable to receive response from Backend API in when using API Explorer in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 06:51 AM

thanks that worked. 

• 6.  RE: Re:  unable to receive response from Backend API in when using API Explorer in Portal

Posted Oct 14, 2019 01:26 PM
    Thanks much, it helped me.