Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In need for help/advice for new install of API Management products

• 1.  In need for help/advice for new install of API Management products

Posted Jul 31, 2018 11:12 AM

If I got a new Windows server for testing and I want to create all of the products in API Management - I know Policy Manager as well as MAG/OTK/SDK to that can all be installed to Windows server, but the API Gateway needs a RHEL/CentOS/Linux server correct? But API Portal and Live API Creator can be done through a web browser?

• 2.  Re: In need for help/advice for new install of API Management products

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 11:45 AM

Hi Tiffany,

You are correct, the API Gateway software does run on Linux (RHEL/CentOS). The policy manager (GUI interface to the Gateway software) can run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Additionally, there is also a Web Interface for the policy manager.

Using the Policy Manager Browser Client - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Requirements and Compatibility - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

MAG & OTK are installed as Solution Kits through the policy manager interface. 

API Portal  (v 3.5 & 4.x) runs on RHEL, but additionally 4.2 makes uses of docker containers (on RHEL/CentOS). The interface to using these products is a web browser. 

API Portal Prerequisites - CA API Developer Portal - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-3/en/learning-center/overview-of-the-policy-manager/start-the-policy-manager/using-the-policy-manager-browser-client

As for Live API Creator the requirements can be found below. Similar to portal in the sense that the software should be running on a support platform/ application server and the GUI will be accessed via a Web Browser.

Installation Requirements and Supported Platforms - CA Live API Creator - 4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe