Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

API Explorer requires secure HTTPS connection

• 1.  API Explorer requires secure HTTPS connection

Posted Aug 16, 2018 05:13 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to test out adding some basic API's through the portal. I have two API's added, one running off my local IIS, and one running off a remote app server. I have two VM's running on my machine, one for the portal and one for the gateway. 

I am able to hit both API's through the gateway proxy (in my case, something like my.gateway:8443/api/helloworld).

However, when I add a definition file and go to the API Explorer and try to submit a a test operation, I keep getting the error "API Explorer requires secure HTTPS connections. Please ensure your API descriptor file uses only HTTPS."

I have tried modifying my swagger 2.0 file with no luck. I tried editing the No Auth Template under "API Portal Integration" so that it's not checking for SSL, no change.

I did manage to get it work with a WADL file that just points to the proxy url (which is HTTPS) and enabling SSL on the template options, is that what is expected? Here's the WADL file that worked:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <application xmlns="http://wadl.dev.java.net/2009/02">
    <doc xml:lang="en" title="ChallengeQuestions REST"/>
    <resources base="https://my.gateway:8443/">
    <resource path="api/identity" id="List ChallengeQuestions">
    <doc xml:lang="en" title="List ChallengeQuestions"/>
    <method name="GET" id="Get ChallengeQuestions List">
    <doc xml:lang="en" title="Get ChallengeQuestions List"/>
    <request/>
    </method>
    </resource>
    </resources>
    </application>

Thanks for any help,

Tom

• 2.  Re: API Explorer requires secure HTTPS connection
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi Tom 

Yes this expected , The API Explorer consumes only APIs that have secure (HTTPS) endpoints. If an API has a secure and unsecure endpoint, ensure that the API WADL and Swagger files point to the secure endpoint."

Regards 

Dirk

• 3.  Re: API Explorer requires secure HTTPS connection

Posted Aug 17, 2018 12:22 PM

Thanks!