Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any demo/trial CA API Developer Portal?

Posted Feb 14, 2018 04:22 AM

Hi,

One of my clients use Developer Portal 3.5. It seems that documenting APIs in it may be more intuitive and we are looking forward to upgrading to 4.2.

In the meantime I need to plan for this, get familiar with it, refactor the API doc from RAML to Swagger, etc.

Is there any possibility for me as an independent developer to get a demo account in an online portal (if there is any) or download the portal and install locally?

• 2.  Re: Is there any demo/trial CA API Developer Portal?

Posted Feb 14, 2018 01:40 PM

Hi,

We don't have extensive videos on demos, here is one that I found, hope this his helpful

https://www.ca.com/us/collateral/videos/ca-api-management-demo-discovering-apis.html

Thanks

Abs

• 3.  Re: Is there any demo/trial CA API Developer Portal?

Posted Feb 14, 2018 01:48 PM

Hi Abs,

Thanks for your answer!

Actually my question was a bit different: I want to get a hands-on exp. with the CA Dev Portal 4.2. Can I download it (I haven"t payed for any license) or use it as a service (in a trial mode)?

I want to evaluate 4.2, see how far it can move us, and use it as an argument whether and with what importance my client should upgrade from 3.5 to 4.2. No demo videos, real client's scenarios. Hope I made myself clear.

Many thanks,

Radek

• 4.  Re: Is there any demo/trial CA API Developer Portal?

Posted Feb 14, 2018 01:59 PM

Thanks for the clarification on this, I am sure this can be arranged for you to have a trial license for Portal 4.2. I think it would be best if you can open an support case and we can get it to the right group to get you what you need.

We may also need to get you account manager involved so they can get this approved for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Abs

• 5.  Re: Is there any demo/trial CA API Developer Portal?

Posted Feb 14, 2018 02:13 PM

To be completely clear we are on the same side: I am an independent consultant. Currently I work with a client who have the 3.5 portal via a chain of CA suppliers.

Back in November 2017, I registered with CA and asked for a trial licence for the API GW and Dev Portal. Except for the automated email "we will contact you in (I think) 48 hours", nothing happened. No answers to my emails. So this is why I'm trying to get info at this place.

So far I understand you, Abs, that there is no online "playground" and no standard trial download. It is a human-approved process.

So instead of me contacting you support "anonymously" again, could you make me a favor and do it for me, Abs?

Thanks a lot,

Radek

• 6.  Re: Is there any demo/trial CA API Developer Portal?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2018 03:42 PM

Hello Radek,

Your best bet may be to reach out to your account manager for this request.  They will have the best information and should provide the quickest results for you on such a request.  May I also suggest the possibility for signing up for one of our training classes.  There is an instructor lead class for 4.2 that is a demo environment that has you set up portal, you will learn about the basic functions of authentication, user management, common administrator responsibilities, API management including publishing, deployment, and application creation. Finally, you will discover the different analytical metrics available for monitoring the portal environment APIs and applications.  

Developer Portal 4.2 Classroom: https://marketplace.ca.com/education/40apr20031.html?country=US