Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Some MigrateIn Policies are placed under the root dir

Posted Feb 12, 2018 08:07 AM

Hello,

I am able to migrate out policies from Gateway Server A, and migrate in polices to Gateway Server B, but it seems some polices will be placed in wrong folder structures ( in my case, policies will be placed under the root directory ).

Below is an example:

Policies under Gateway Server A:

Root:

--> FolderA

--> PolicyX

--> FolderB

--> PolicyY

After Migrateout and Migratein to Gateway Server B; the folder structure under Gateway Server B will look like:

Root:

--> FolderA

--> <EmptyFolder>      <--  PolicyA no longer under FolderA which now becomes an empty folder

--> FolderB

--> PolicyY

--> PolicyZ

--> PolicyA                      <-- PolicyA are moved to the root dir

May I know what is wrong here? and what is the fix of this issue?

Please note that the policies that are moved to the root dir are random like if I create a new Gateway Server C and do the migrate in again, PolicyX might be placed correctly and PolicyY might be mistakenly placed under the root dir.

Regards

Naichun

• 2.  Re: Some MigrateIn Policies are placed under the root dir
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 05:37 PM

Just guess, it seems you migarteOut folder A and B separately, and policies under folder B may depend on policies under folder A, if you migrateIn folder B first, the dependent policies will be created under root folder.

You can migrateOut 2 folders at  the same time, in your migrateOut commandline, you can repeat the --folderName flag multiple times.

for example,

./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateOut --argFile arg.properties --encassAsPolicyDependency --dest OTK_MAG.xml --folderName /OTK --folderName /MAG

• 3.  Re: Some MigrateIn Policies are placed under the root dir

Posted Feb 13, 2018 07:07 AM

Thanks Zhijun !!! , I will have a try~

Regards

Naichun