I would like to know how to publish documentation for the services and APIs already available on the API Gateway?
a. There are a mix of APIs (RESTful) and Web Services (SOAP) on CA API Gateway v8.3
b. Portal v3.5 is now installed and integrated with the Gateway
c. One each of RESTful API and Web Service is enabled for Portal Management
d. The services appear on Portal
e. The services are enabled on Portal without documentation (i.e wsdl or wadl or raml) and published
f. Services are visible on portal
Issue is at step e.
1. When enabling a SOAP service, if wsdl is being supplied (the one on which the service was built), it returns some wsdl parsing error (ResourceSet not found). The wsdl is very much a valid one
2. If the same wsdl is used to create a SOAP Service from Add New -> SOAP Service then the service gets created along with documentation and published on Gateway (however this is not what is intended)
3. If I create an independent documentation page and associate it to the API and publish it the same is not reflected on Manage APIs page i.e. there is no hyper link on the API Name to the documentation
1. There is no wadl associated to the Web API
2. Hence created a separate static documentation and tried to associate it to the API. This again does not work
Can someone help me in resolving this riddle of publishing the documentation of the Services and API already existing on Gateway? This is urgent and required for a demonstration, appreciate a quick response.
Did you try login portal dashboard -> APIS -> select an existing API and select Edit -> on Details tab, look at "Create/Update Interactive Documentation" section, you should be able to upload wadl/raml file here.
I did the same for wsdl and it did not get uploaded successfully. I did not do it with wadl as we don't have wadl associated to the REST services we had built. However if I create a document and associate to API it still wont work.
No matter wsdl or wadl, it can be uploaded when you edit, or enable the api.
You said the you failed to upload the wsdl, was there any error? You may attach a screenshot to show the error.
There is no option for a SOAP Service to upload a WSDL document in v8.3 Please see the screen shot below, we need to upload a RAML or WADL even for a SOAP Service.
This is a bug in Gateway and it is being fixed as part of CR2. Here is the response from CA (Dana Crane - Product Manager).
"...here are the features for the upcoming Portal 3.5 CR2 (aiming at a June 14 GA):
Dana has also acknowledged that my other question was also a bug and provided us with a workaround.
My original question: If I create an independent documentation page and associate it to the API and publish it the same is not reflected on Manage APIs page i.e. there is no hyper link on the API Name to the documentation
Work around provided by Dana:
The other issue mentioned on the call was the fact that APIs in the API Catalog could not be hyperlinked to manual documentation pages. I’ve verified this, and can offer the following workaround:
This work around worked for me. So I consider this thread to be answered as this was what I was looking for, albeit a workaround.
Providing this information in the thread so that it could be of use to someone else!