Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Java.Lang.NullPointerException error in LAC with MySQL database

Posted Feb 20, 2017 02:20 PM

Hi,

I have some problems during the last days with LAC and MySQL Database connection..

Since friday, when I try to reload the database schema of my API from LAC, I get this error "Java.Lang.NullPointerException", also when I try to verify my API from "Properties" or try to "Publish on the Gateway" I get the same error.

This only happens when I want to use MySQL, with PostgreSQL or Derbey works correctly.

I don't know how to solve this problem, but it is very annoying.. And I need to use MySQL

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Fran

• 2.  Re: Java.Lang.NullPointerException error in LAC whit MySQL database
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2017 11:22 AM

Fran,

This could be an issue with the mysql driver being used and may need a newer jdbc driver. I've included the instructions for loading the jdbc driver below taken from our documentation.

Install MySQL JDBC Driver

The MySQL JDBC driver works for various versions of MySQL, MariaDB, and Amazon Aurora.

For more information about the database versions CA Live API Creator supports, see Supported Platforms.

1. Download the MySQL JDBC driver from the MySQL site.
    2. Extract and select the mysql-connector-java-<version>/mysql-connector-java-<version>-bin.jar JAR file and copy it into the CALiveApiCreator/lib/ext directory, relative to the directory with Start.sh in it.
    3. Start the demonstration package.

• 3.  Re: Java.Lang.NullPointerException error in LAC whit MySQL database

Posted Feb 27, 2017 03:21 AM

Thank you very much! That was very useful and solved my problem!

Fran.