Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to extract the traffic log files in the API GW as a CSV or Database Sheet?

• 1.  Is it possible to extract the traffic log files in the API GW as a CSV or Database Sheet?

Posted Sep 05, 2016 09:50 AM

I was wondering on how exactly the policy manager and the ESM generates reports and metrics on the web services it's currently running.

The Dashboard of the policy manager and the ESM shows cool graphs on the service metrics it's currently running.

I'd like to know if I could obtain a delimited file (Like Tab separated or comma separated file) from the API GW and use a data modelling tool to digest it to obtain useful knowledge.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to extract the traffic log files in the API GW as a CSV or Database Sheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2016 01:22 PM

Abdus,

Good morning. There are a few ways to accomplish this.

1) We have a tactical assertion called Gateway Metrics that can be used in a service to extract the data from the gateway. This assertion will need to be requested through CA support. https://support.ca.com

2) Modify the traffic log components then harvest the log to report on the data. Traffic Logger & Audit sink 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, Technical Support