Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Connecting AD to the portal

Posted Apr 29, 2016 07:51 AM

Hi,

I'm currently facing a weird issue, I've correctly connected my AD to the portal using the Layer 7 Auth plugin.

But when I try to map my groups with the portal's ones, I cannot log in whereas I receive a 200 status from the LDAP.

Log :

WARNING : Valid user credential but did map to any valid roles. Returning as Invalid User.

My users are members of 2 groups in the AD, can this be part of the problem ?

Does anyone ever faced this issue ?

• 2.  Re: Connecting AD to the portal

Posted May 03, 2016 09:40 PM

Hello AdrienS,

Can you please share resolution if you have overcome this issue.

Thank you

• 3.  Re: Connecting AD to the portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 02:38 AM

Hi,

What's the names of the 2 groups, are they  organizationAdmin or registeredUser?

if not, you may try these 2 group names.

Regards,

Mark

• 4.  Re: Connecting AD to the portal

Posted May 04, 2016 08:36 AM

Hi,

Yes I've tried both but no result.

The point is :my user has one local group and one global group. And I want to map only the local group to a group of the portal (cmsuser or registeredUser or organiaztionAdmin...)

• 5.  Re: Connecting AD to the portal
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2016 01:52 PM

It appears that you are experiencing a configuration issue with your user mapping.

In order to assist you with this issue in the most time efficient manner, please contact CA Support so that a ticket can be filed in our issue tracker.

Mark Swan

Manager – API Developer Portal

• 6.  Re: Connecting AD to the portal

Posted Jun 07, 2018 10:39 AM

Can you please let me know the resolution to this issue. We are facing the same