Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Jul 23, 2015 06:37 AM

Hi Team,

Version: Policy Manager v8.3.00

I am looking at installing OAuth Toolkit from Policy Manger. I am following 'Layer 7 OAuth Toolkit User Manual v2.1.2 pdf' , as part of this document in the installation section step

3. Select [Tasks] > Additional Items > Install OAuth Toolkit in <folder> from the Main Menu (on the browser client, from the Manage menu). The <

folder> is the location of the OAuth folder from step 2. The OAuth Toolkit Installer dialog appears.

Issue: I am not able to locate  'Additional Items' as part of Task menu. I am missing something over here? Am I referring to the right installation document?

tasklist_policymanager.png

Kindly advice.

Regards,

Shashank T

• 2.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Jul 23, 2015 08:14 AM

What resolution is your display currently operating at? The Additional Actions option is the absolute last item in the visible Tasks menu but it appears that it is being cut off due to the resolution of your monitor. Are you able to increase the resolution of the monitor to accommodate for this behavior?

I was able to reproduce this error by lowering my resolution to 1024x768 or lower. You may see this occur at a different resolution due to the DPI configured in your Windows installation but the issue is definitely confirmed as being related to display resolution.

• 3.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Jul 23, 2015 08:38 AM

I have the resolution set to 1366X768 but still not able to see it as part of the screen.

Resolved: I just went on scrolling through the list and see that it is hidden as part of the screen.

It would be helpfull if a scroll bar is provided as the list is huge.

Thanks Eric for throwing some light on this.

Regards,

Shashank T

• 4.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2015 08:39 AM

oauth_hidden.png

• 5.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Sep 28, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi,

I happened to encounter the same issue. My resolution is 1366x768. I am still not able to reach the option at the end of the "Tasks" menu. I opened the policy manager through a web browser and installed OTK 3.0.

Can you pls let me know how you managed to click on the hidden Additional Actions in the menu. My mouse just wont go beyond Manage CA Single Sign on configuration and can't even scroll past it.

Thanks!

• 6.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Sep 28, 2015 02:25 PM

keep mouse pointer on "Manage Encapsulated Assertion" and use Arrow keys ( ↓ ↓ → ) on keyboard to navigate and you will be able to see this menu

Regards,

Ganesh Reddy

• 7.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2015 01:04 PM

Hi Shashank,

I notice in your post you are using Policy Manager 8.3 (CA API Gateway 8.3). Gateway 8.3 is only compatible with OTK 3.0. The PDF manual 2.1.2 will NOT contain the required information.

The documentation for the OAuth Toolkit version 3.0 is located online on our wiki.ca.com site.

Follow the installation workflow here...

https://wiki.ca.com/display/APIMT10/Installation+Workflow

The site is updated when changes come in, so it is much more accurate than a PDF file.

Simon

• 8.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Jul 23, 2015 03:40 PM

Good catch, I completely missed that.

• 9.  Re: Need Guidence: OAuth Toolkit Installation from Policy Manager

Posted Sep 29, 2015 05:41 AM

HI Karthhik,

I was able to get to the option by using arrow keys. Use arrow keys as mentioned by  styganesh