Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Portal Cruft

Posted Oct 24, 2015 02:14 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to remove "cruft" created in the Portal?  I have a couple of services that were deleted in a bad way from the Gateway.  The Portal still has references to them and they appear in documentation and Api Owner Groups.  It's a little irritating to see this data when the underlying service is no longer there.

Any help would be appreciated... I'm getting the sense that such a cleanup exercise is going to involve messing with the underlying DB

Thanks,

Alejandro

• 2.  Re: Portal Cruft

Posted Oct 25, 2015 11:01 AM

Hello, Alejandro. Usually, "deleted in a bad way from the Gateway" means that the API the gateway was deleted first without following the documented process for removing an API from the portal first (Remove APIs - CA API Developer Portal - 3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation). When this happens, as you've found out, there are usually dangling references in the portal.

Note, some things are left alone on purpose for historical reasons (e.g. analytics, forums, etc.), but some customers would still like to get rid of those things sometimes.

To remove a left over documentation page, you can do this by navigating to the page in the portal instance's staging environment and deleting it. For example, if I needed to do this for my Math API:

To remove a left over forum, you can do this through the forum's admin control panel:

To remove the API from other selection lists, for example:

You must navigate to the portal's underlying admin interface ("/admin" on your portal, e.g. http://yourportal/admin), go to content items, and find and remove the file that corresponds to your API (Make sure it's the right file corresponding to the deleted API ID, and not just having the same name as the deleted API):