Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to integrate CA API Management with Syslog?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Is there any way to integrate CA API Management with Syslog?

Posted 07-08-2015 03:21 AM

Hello everyone,

Im asking if there is any way to integrate my CA Layer 7 Logs with any internal file (Syslog), if there is already any internal file where is stored, can you please tell me the path of it?

Thanks!!

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to integrate CA API Management with Syslog?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2015 11:13 AM

Hi atassani,

The CA API Gateway application logs are stored by default in this directory: /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/var/logs/  (in here you will find the ssg_0_0.log file which is the default file that the CA API Gateway writes to)

You can learn more around integration with Syslog (and external syslog servers like Splunk) on this page and the pages beneath it: https://wiki.ca.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=204713459

Using the instructions found on the pages for managing log and audit sinks, you can create a new one to suit your requirements on what needs to be logged and which file to log it to (or external syslog server if needed).

I hope the above points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions on setting up a Log Sink, please feel free to reply back to this thread.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 3.  RE: Re: Is there any way to integrate CA API Management with Syslog?

Posted 04-01-2021 08:25 AM
    Hi Dustin,

We have the requirement to drain the syslog to splunk. The link provided in the comments is not opening. Is it possible for you to share the details.

Thansk,
    Latha