Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Layer7 api management crash when connecting to server

Posted Jun 10, 2019 08:47 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello,

We installed a new 9.4 server. My collegues are able to connect to it without problem, but when I try to connect, my layer7 client complains abour  SSLHandshakeException.

The first time I tried to connect to it, the policy manager asked me to trust the certificate, but it got caught in a loop asking me to trust the certificate again and again. I ended up hitting cancel at one point.

Now, when I try to connect to the server, it just crashes. See attached crash report.

I tried to find where the certificates are stored. I found some certificates in c:\users\myuser\.l7tech\truststore, but even if I delete the file, it won't ask me to trust the certs again. We also tried the rebuild the certs and create a whole new server on another host with the same problem.

I removed the software and re-installed it with the same issue.

Also, my 9.4 client is able to connect to our other 9.3 servers, so the client seem ok.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Nicolas Roy
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Layer7 api management crash when connecting to server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 01:40 PM
    Hello,

The error from the logs is "unable to find valid certification path to requested target". My first question would be... are you setting the correct port in your hostname you are trying to access in Policy Manager? I ask because perhaps your colleagues who have no issues are entering in a port with the hostname (example: hostname:8443), and perhaps you aren't? I could see that being an issue if there is perhaps a different certificate presented by your load balancer if an LB/VIP fronts your Gateway nodes. Essentially, I'd double check that the connection string used by your colleagues is identical to what you're using in your connection string, and if they differ then I'd suggest you try to make yours match theirs.

Dustin.