AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Calendar Build

Posted Sep 21, 2020 10:12 AM
    I was asked to build a calendar for the 10th working day of the month - have done this with a roll keyword using the 1st day of the month calendar - incrementing by +9 and using a valid days calendar for Mon-Fri. For example Jan 2021, the 10th working day is Thursday 14th
    cal

However, I have now been asked if we could +1 day for each public holiday that falls earlier in the month such as New Years Day Jan 2021 (which will be 3rd Jan) so the new 10th  day will be Friday 15th.

Do any of you kind people out there have any ideas on how I can accomplish this.

Thanks in advance, Ian.

• 2.  RE: Calendar Build
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2020 06:00 PM
    WORKDAYS_M_2_F needs to exclude your holidays.  You should be able to do this with a group called HOLIDAYS that is a collection of your individual holiday rules.

------------------------------
    Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 3.  RE: Calendar Build

Posted Oct 06, 2020 05:15 AM
    Hi Pete, @Pete Wirfs

Apologise for the delay in replying ...

I understand what you say - but the WORKDAYS_M_2_F calendar is a weekly and doesn't have an option to add excludes.

Also I don't want to exclude days\dates but add +1 day to the 10th working day when there is a public holiday prior to the 10th working day of the month eg: Jan 2021 - normal 10th day would be 14th - but with the 1st being a holiday the 10th day needs to move by =1 - so the 10th working day is actually the 15th for Jan 2021 ...

Thanks for you​r help

• 4.  RE: Calendar Build

Posted Oct 06, 2020 02:31 PM
      |   view attached
    I built you a "CALE.IAN" object and attached it for you to experiment with.  I had forgotten how complex it can be to compute the Jan1 holiday!  But I think I nailed it down for you.   To complete the job, you really need to add all of your holidays into the "HOLIDAY" object because there are other holiday scenarios that might alter the 10th workday of the month as well.  Pete

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

Attachment(s)

xml
    export (86).xml   4 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Calendar Build

Posted Oct 06, 2020 03:40 PM
      |   view attached
    Oops.  That one had errors in how to compute the Jan1 holiday!  This one is better.  (12/31/2021 is an observed new years day holiday.)

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

Attachment(s)

xml
    export (87).xml   5 KB 1 version