AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Questions about Appworx upgrade from v9.2.1 to the newest version?

• 1.  Questions about Appworx upgrade from v9.2.1 to the newest version?

Posted Jan 08, 2021 01:35 PM
    << sorry if double post >>

To all the Appworx Application Experts up there that have upgraded to the newest version:

Currently, I am running Appworx Applications Manager v9.2.1 on an Oracle 12c Database.    I am looking into upgrading to the newest version of the Appworx Application Manager.

I have a few basic questions that I am hoping that you can help answer for me:

1 ) I know that we haven't upgraded for a few years now, so I assume that we are a few versions behind.   What is the latest version of the Appworx Application Manager that we can upgrade to?

2 ) Since we are running on v9.2.1, am I able to directly upgrade from this version to v9.2.1 to the newest version?

or

Is there an upgrade path that we have to follow?

For example,

Appworx v9.2.1 can be upgraded directly to "the newest version" without any incremental upgrades needed.

as opposed to

Appworx v9.2.1 must be upgraded to Appworx v10.????.   After it's upgraded to Appworx v10.???, it can then be upgraded to "the newest version".

3 ) Currently, Appworx v9.2.1 can only run on an Oracle 12c Database.    I'm sure that the newest version of Appworx runs on a much more up-to-date version of the Oracle DB.  

Does anyone know if I can just upgrade the Oracle 12c Database directly to whatever version of the Oracle DB that the newest version of Appworx requires ( I assume Oracle 19c )?

4 ) My assumption is that both the Database and Application objects are significantly different.   Is there any type of conversion tools or scripts that I'd have to run before upgrading on the Oracle DB or Appworx Application level?

Any input on your experiences from upgrading from Appworx v9.2.1 to the next or latest version would be helpful.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Questions about Appworx upgrade from v9.2.1 to the newest version?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2021 01:05 AM
    Hello Ken,

Latest version of AppWorx is 9.3.3 HF1, you can directly upgrade from 9.2.1 to 9.3. 
    Please find the compatibility matrix here.
    https://docs.automic.com/tools/compatibility_matrix?compatibility-mode=component&offering_version_id=components&lifecycle_entity_id=1409731986339

Hope this helps.