AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  CA Automic training & certification

Posted Jun 01, 2018 03:59 AM

In January 2018, Timothy Dodd announced that Automic eLearning credits would expire as a part of CA’s acquisition of Automic. Ben Caffell repeated this warning later in the month in his announcement about changes to Automic Support.

At the time, I rushed to use some of our remaining credits: I took & passed all of the certification exams available to me.

I see that the CA Education & Training page now has learning paths for Automic software, including Automic Workload Automation. How can I see which courses I have completed, and which certifications I have obtained?

• 2.  Re: CA Automic training & certification
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:22 AM

Hi Michael,

It was good that you utilized these credits since they were not transferred to CA's system.

CA decided against transferring all historic course tracking to CA's LMS, but the records remain in-house.  You can request the information on your completed courses/exams outside of CA's system with an email to learningportal@automic.com.  

Since the certification process is different under CA (announcement coming soon) the old Course Completion Exams don't hold the same weight.  CA will utilize the knowledge that comes from a variety of places (Instructor-Led Training, Web-Based Training, Documentation, videos, etc.) and test you on the accumulation of that knowledge with an independent Dynamic Lab, and a complex cumulative exam.  I don't have the specifics, but this is the idea.

Best regards,
    Tim