AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Applications Manager error 8.17: AwE-9999; Internal error java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted Jan 09, 2018 11:45 AM

We are still running Applications Manager 8.17 on AIX and Oracle 11g and frequently get the error shown below in the RmiServer log.  Everything seems to be running OK, but I would like to get rid of this error.  We are upgrading to AM 9.2 next month, so this a great opportunity to finally fix this pesky error.

Here is the error:

ErrorMsg: AwE-9999 Internal error (1/9/18 4:01 AM)
    Details: null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.appworx.shared.data.Job.getStatus(Job.java:697)
            at com.appworx.shared.data.Job.getIntStatus(Job.java:707)
            at com.appworx.server.data.JobsData.▒(JobsData.java:2473)
            at com.appworx.server.data.JobsData.▒(JobsData.java:2007)
            at com.appworx.server.data.JobsData.A(JobsData.java:81)
            at com.appworx.server.data.JobsData$_E.doRun(JobsData.java:3559)
            at com.uc4.be.threading.AbstractWorker.run(AbstractWorker.java:390)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Any ideas?

• 2.  Applications Manager error 8.17: AwE-9999; Internal error java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted Jan 10, 2018 10:17 AM

This error looks to be detailed in the following Knowledge Article:

https://automic.force.com/support/apex/CommunityArticleDetail?id=ka4b00000004M63

While the message may show up in logs it does not affect processing and should not cause issue.

• 3.  Applications Manager error 8.17: AwE-9999; Internal error java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted Jan 10, 2018 04:29 PM
    Thank you Doug.  This Knowledge Article is perfect. It is good to know that we do not need to take any action.

(In the future, I will check the Knowledge Articles before posting on the Community.)

• 4.  Applications Manager error 8.17: AwE-9999; Internal error java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted Jan 11, 2018 06:38 PM
    Errors one can/should ignore dilute the effectiveness of true errors. I remember before these nuisance errors popped up - it was much easier to find actual errors.