AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How-To: Create and update multiple substitution variables

• 1.  How-To: Create and update multiple substitution variables

Posted Jun 30, 2016 01:33 PM

This question came into support today and I thought it could be useful for and even helped by the community. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hi 

I am trying to create and update multiple substitution variables as part of a sql procedure . Below is the command I am using to create one. But if I want to create multiple at the same time, is it possible and if yes, could you please help! 

Procedure: 

APPS.XXL_GL_AUTOPOST_SUBMIT_PRC(lc_request_id,lc_status,lc_code); 
    dbms_output.put_line(' Status:'||lc_status||' code:' || lc_code); 
    dbms_output.put_line('Request_ID:'||lc_request_id); 

--exception when others then 
    --dbms_output.put_line('error'||sqlerrm); 
    --null; 

:Request_id_temp:=lc_request_id; 

end; 

column request_id_col NEW_VALUE requestid_value; 
    select :Request_id_temp request_id_col from dual; 

!awexe upd_var_value subvar=#EBS_AUTOPOST var_value="&requestid_value" flag=Y 

exit; 

APPS.XXL_GL_AUTOPOST_SUBMIT_PRC - this is the procedure and it has two OUT parameters. lc_request_id and lc_code. 

I am capturing the lc_request_id into a local variable and using that to update the substitution variable. Now if I have multiple values from the OUT parameter, lc_request_id, is it possible to create one substitution variable for each one? 

!awexe upd_var_value subvar=#EBS_AUTOPOST var_value="&requestid_value" flag=Y -- creates the substitution variable. I tested and it is successful.

• 2.  How-To: Create and update multiple substitution variables

Posted Jul 08, 2016 01:40 PM
    I've found that a SQL procedure creating/updating multiple substitution variables is not a part of the out-of-the-box functionality of the Applications Manager product. 

Should you need this functionality in the product, we recommend contacting your account manager to engage with our Professional Services consultants to craft a customized solution. 

• 3.  How-To: Create and update multiple substitution variables

Posted Jul 08, 2016 02:01 PM
    Sure, Thankyou !