DX NetOps

View Only

Spectrum Secondary Server Crash - How to Restore

LM04's profile image
LM04 posted Dec 03, 2021 10:14 AM
We have primary + secondary (auto failover) servers.  This morning one of the secondary servers crashed and now I'm not able to start the SpectroService due to the ungraceful shutdown.  Since backups are not run on this server, how do I restore the database?  Do I use the latest primary backup database copy?

thank you,
LM
Joseph Ackley's profile image
Broadcom Employee Joseph Ackley
LM,

Yes. Load a recent SSdb save from the primary to the secondary configuring as a FT to the primary.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/spectrum/21-2/administrating/distributed-spectroserver-administration/establish-fault-tolerance.html

Joe
LM04's profile image
LM04
Quick question....  Can I restore using Spectrum Control Panel GUI, or do I have to restore using the command line?  If using the command line is best, is it just a normal command prompt or do I need to use the bash shell?
LM,

You will have to do it from the command line.

1. Copy the backup from the primary to the $SPECROOT/SS directory on the secondary

2. Uncompress the backup file

3. Log into the secondary SS system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation

4. If running Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"

5. cd to the $SPECROOT/SS directory and enter the following command where <SSDB> is the file name of the backup file:

../SS-Tools/SSdbload -a 20 -il <SSDB>

You may get an error stating there is already a landscape loaded. If so, run the following command to replace:

../SS-Tools/SSdbload -r 20 -il <SSDB>

Joe
LM04's profile image
LM04
The restore completed and the secondary is up and running with a precedence of 20.  So we are good there.  The Archive Mgr would not start due to corruption so I am running and ArchMgr repair and waiting for that to complete.

Thank you, Joe, for the prompt responses and great instructions!

Take care,
Linda
Glad to help.

Joe