CA Service Management

View Only

Need to allow end users of CA Service Catalog (widgets) to close their request

Pavel Durďák's profile image
Pavel Durďák posted Oct 15, 2021 02:58 AM
Hello,

We are using CA Service Catalog widgets on our own portal server. Endusers use these widgets to create new requests or check the existing ones. We have always used an email notification sent to endusers, that would ask them to close their ticket once resolved, but it does not work correctly in a lot of cases, so I am trying to find any way, how I could let them to do that right through the Service Catalog widgets.

I found that I can put a label element to a form detail that behaves as a button, so I thought that I can somehow use this button to use a web service call to change the status of the catalog request and then use PAM to close the ticket also in Service Desk Manager (tickets are synchronized between SC and SDM) but I am unable to make this work.

EDIT: After reading CA SC documentation, it seems that I could use Events to catch the status change and launch arbitrary PAM process based on that. So my question basically boils down to - How can I let end users in Service Catalog widgets to change the status of the request?

Is there any easier way to achieve this? Many thanks for all possible advices.
Pavel Durďák's profile image
Pavel Durďák
I managed to resolve this by creating a button that creates a new element form and then calls a Save button click via form script. This save/change triggers a Service Catalog event that launches  CA PAM process.