Clarity

View Only

Project Status and Status Report Overall Status

Will Lloyd's profile image
Will Lloyd posted Nov 26, 2020 07:09 PM
We have a split between Project Managers who are creating their routine Status Reports (with Schedule, Scope and Cost/Effort Status) and others who are updating the Projects' Status (status_indicator) field.

In the same way that entry of Risks (with one of the 11 various Categories) updates the Projects' Risk for that same Category, which in turn is summarized into the Project's Risk rating, I was wondering if it would be possible to 1) allow for live updates to the Project Status Indicator field, and when a Status Report has been created, pull the Overall Status from the latest Finalized Status Report.

I have built a Portlet based on the Project object (rather than a Query) to allow the grid to remain editable. I was wondering if basing a field on a Calculation would help me retain this functionality in the same way that the remainder of the Project's Risk Category assessment fields remain editable, but I haven't been able to determine any special relationship between the Risk table or the RIM_RISKS_AND_ISSUES.CATEGORY_TYPE_CODE attribute and the Project table or the INV_PROJECTS.RDF_* attributes in order to use these field/behaviours as examples.

The same is true of wanting to have the latest Status Report Status (odf_ca_cop_prj_statusrpt.cop_report_update) to populate a field at the Project level like the Status Comment (INV_INVESTMENTS.STATUS_COMMENT). If there is no Status Reports for that Project, I'd like the Project's field to remain editable.

Suggestions of Tech Docs or references are welcome.

Thanks,
Will