Test Data Manager

View Only

CA TDM Portal stability during multiple PII scan in one single project

Premlal Digarse's profile image
Premlal Digarse posted Oct 26, 2021 03:48 AM
Hi Team,

I am trying to run PII scan from the Modeling flow. Details below:
  • I created a new project ,ran scan to create data model, then ran PII scan with one classifiers pack and on just one table (say table ABC).
  • In that classifier pack , there were total of 3 classifiers. So ideally three columns should have been listed as PII (as those classifiers are specific to columns).
  • And as result of that scan, 3 fields were marked as PII (as expected) & same 3 fields were there in the configure section of Data Masking (as expected) for configuring the masking functions.

Now I went back to the data model and re-ran PII scan with different classifiers pack (which has more classifier- around 10+) and on same table (table ABC) as I did above.

Ideally more columns should have been listed as PII after scan as the new classifier pack is also specific on columns and those columns are present in table ABC ,however  I still see the same result where only three fields are listed as PII (same fields from first run) and also nothing changed in the configure section of data masking, there also I see same three fields for configuring the masking functions. 

Is this known bug or if I am missing something here? Kindly guide and suggest.
Billy Keefer's profile image
Broadcom Employee Billy Keefer
It is possible that maybe the new classifiers(the additional ones added) have an error in them.  Check out the portal log file - TDMModelService.log