Automic Workload Automation

View Only

File Transfer Between Host and AE Agent

hanifi demirel's profile image
hanifi demirel posted Jan 03, 2021 06:36 AM
Hi  all,
I have a task that I have to transfer jobs(xml file format) from a host machine to the machine where AE originally installed in order to import it. 
The reason I need to transfer xml files is because appearently IMPORT() function only looks for files in the machine where AE installed.
Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks

formatted by admin @Jason McClellan
Devidutta Das's profile image
Devidutta Das
Are you trying to automate the object migration using IMPORT function ? Did you try the JOBF or sftp connection for transferring the file ?
For JOBF you can provide the source and target login details to transfer a file between 2 servers.
For sftp if the ports are open between the servers to communicate with each other you can handshake between the 2 servers by placing the automic public key and you should be able to transfer the file between the servers.
Christoph Rekers's profile image
Christoph Rekers
@hanifi demirel

Keep in mind that if you have 2 AE Server machines both need to be able to access the import.xml as we can neither predict nor control which of the 2 servers try to import the file. It can be server A or server B (to be exact it's a CP that does the import). 

Cheers
Christoph