You can test the interface. You can test your source code. But how do you know the "loosely coupled" components of your application are talking to each other? Messaging is the core connection point for any distributed application. Until now, your options for testing the integration that connects the dots on your infrastructure were largely manual endeavors.
The automated testing tool that speaks the language of your systems
CA Application Test, part of CA’s DevTest Framework, for JMS provides teams with a no-code way to discretely and deeply test messaging queues of almost any known flavor. Rather than forcing you to custom code or adapt a test client, CA Application Test can become a test harness that publishes and subscribes to JMS frameworks. Finally, without a massive implementation effort, you can decouple your systems for flexibility, and test for reliability at the same time.
CA Application Test was built from the ground up for distributed architectures. If your strategy relies on JMS messaging to enable cross-component and cross-application integration, you should take a closer look at CA Application Test for JMS.
- Inline testing. You'll never write a test client again. And you will execute while you're testing. You would have to see it to believe the level of information you can get while you are designing and maintaining JMS frameworks with CA Application Test. Break the code-compile-run-curse cycle.
- Built on and for JMS standards. CA Application Test can talk and listen to most known JMS frameworks. As you migrate systems, you can get a wealth of reusable test cases and accompanying validation of your asynchronous messaging environment over time.
- Multiple roles. CA Application Test is no-code automated testing, meaning developers can invoke JMS calls without having to script tests, and non-programming team members in QA and business requirements teams can also get involved in testing on their own terms.
- Multiple systems. CA Application Test is pure Java, and is innately aware of Java objects, EJBs, RMI, JMS queues, JDBC databases, web services and JMX metrics. As you should expect, CA Application Test runs on any Java-ready client (Unix/Linux/Solaris, Win, OSX) and can easily test any server that routes JMS. CA APPLICATION TEST provides live interaction and deep testing of any JMS messaging you can access locally or over the Internet.
- Across the full development lifecycle. Roll the same unit and functional tests you design into regression tests included in your Ant/Make builds. Then take those same test cases and turn them into load and stress tests that can run continuously from CA Application Test Server.
- Advanced publish and subscribe abstraction layer to test and load JMS frameworks for any message queue protocol (TIBCO, IBM MQseries, more).
- Allows you to rapidly and deeply exercise JMS messaging queues across disparate systems, including guaranteed delivery settings and JNDI.
- Create and/or assume temporary JMS Queues and Topics to snoop through the entire life cycle of a message as it move from message handler to message handler.
- Validate that web services, EJBs and Message Driven Beans (MDB) are receiving/sending the appropriate message payloads.
- True no-code automated testing with compelling features for both developers and QA professionals
- Eliminates the need to program test clients and maintain fragile test scripts.
- Provides an immediate way to enable "test first," XP development practices.
- Brings QA into the iterative development cycle by including JMS calls within their test cases.
- Works with any J2EE application server (Java App Server, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, more).
- Leverages your existing build and deploy environment of JUnit/Ant.
- Browse, analyze and make live assertions against any available logic or controls in the application.
- Manage properties and test assertions.
- Instantly turn all unit/functional/regression test runs into load tests and scheduled performance tests.
- Set alerts for boundary or failure conditions within any test run.
- Test instrument your custom application code with the powerful CA Application Test Extension SDK.
- Share test cases created in CA Application Test and test runs as simple XML files and incorporate them into your groupware, issue tracking and requirements management processes.
The Test Harness for Custom Applications
Are you running proprietary or custom software? Where most testing solutions would give up, CA Application Test's integration abilities let developers "test enable" software. With minimal incremental effort, developers can make their code testable with our simple API. The whole team can get rich metrics and debugging information on applications behind the scenes.