- Single Sign-On Policy server fails to startup with no error in the event viewer.
- Single Sign-on Policy Server Management console (smconsole.bat) fails to startup with following error:
Couldn't load javasmconsoleapi
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.java_api_init()Z
- Policy Server Version : R12.52 SP2
- Policy Server OS : Windows 2012 R2
Cause:Single Sign-On R12.52 SP2 Policy server installs following version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable :
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Version 8.0.61001
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Version 10.0.30319
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Version 12.0.21005.1
Before Policy Server Install :
After Policy Server Install:
If any of these Visual C++ Redistributable packages gets uninstalled, it might cause Policy server fail to startup as well cause the Policy server management console fail to load as it might not be able to satisfy the dependent libraries.
In this particular case, somehow Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 got removed, so that was causing Policy server unable to find "mfc120.dll" . This was identified after capturing the Process Monitor (procmon.exe) log as below .
This library should exists under C:\Windows\SysWow64 directory if Visual C++ 2013 patch was installed.
Ensure the latest updates for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005,2010,2013 x86 is installed.
In this particular case, as the issue was with missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Update 5 was installed to resolve the issue.
Download link for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Update 5 Redistributable packages.
Alternatively, Policy server could also be reinstalled to fix the missing libraries.