As part of our continued effort to support industry standards, We are please to invite you to our newest BETA program where you will be able to configure Symantec Identity Manager and Identity Portal to support native federation SSO protocols without the need to use Symantec SiteMinder.
Customers will be able to configure our solution to support federation protocols like SAML 2.0 and OpenID Connect as the SSO solution using their own IDP solution.
At this time, we offer only support for SAML 2.0 for Identity Manager and Identity Portal but we are going to add OpenID Connect support as-well-as Identity Governance support very soon.
How to join?
Please click on the following URL to automatic register to our validation site:
More on SAML 2.0:
More on OpenID Connect:
- OpenID Connect is a simple identity layer on top of the OAuth 2.0 protocol, which allows computing clients to verify the identity of an end-user based on the authentication performed by an authorization server, as well as to obtain basic profile information about the end-user in an interoperable and REST-like manner. In technical terms, OpenID Connect specifies a RESTful HTTP API, using JSON as a data format.
Notes and disclaimers:
- This BETA program is intended for validation of this new feature.
- Customers should be aware that this is NOT a production ready solution and should NOT use this code in any environment other than a non-production one.
- Customer should not open a support ticket with Broadcom support regarding this feature. Any but report should be posted using the following link. When submitting a new Bug Report, please provide as much information as you can like:
- Application Server, DB, OS, JDK version and types
- Type of IDP being used (SiteMinder, OKTA etc.)
- Log files from the solution.
- Note that any new Bug Reports will being directed to our engineering teams.
Customer should make sure they are running Identity Manager 14.2 CP5, Identity Portal 14.2 CP2, or 14.3 CP1 on their non-production environment.
Product Management Lead - Identity Governance & Administration | Symantec Software Division
Symantec, A Broadcom Company