On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As a part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we follow a regular, predictable release cadence to deliver updates and maintenance for our products.
Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of the Layer7 API Developer Portal 5.0. This new release offers key enhancements to the product set in multiple areas, as outlined below:
- Manage Policies with Gateway Bundles
With the recently released Gateway Policy Plugin, policy authors can now create policies and build Gateway bundles. As Portal Administrators, you can manage policy lifecycle in API Portal, and deploy bundles to the API Gateway proxies. Policies having encapsulated assertions are created as policy templates, enabling reuse during API publishing.
- Managing Multiple API Keys and Key Deployment to Proxies
The management of applications in API Portal is now simplified with the ability to create and manage multiple API keys within an application. Depending on your business requirements and defined environments, you can have finer control on how the API keys are deployed to all proxies registered with API Portal.
- API Hub for API Program Content Management
Introducing API Hub - the customizable developer console for your API Developer Portal that is provided on a React-admin-based implementation. Use the standard API Hub that is included in API Portal, or provide an enriched API consumer-facing user experience of API Portal by customization, extending and hosting the API Hub.
Portal Administrators, API Owners, or Org Publishers can use API Hub to manage wiki documents and other custom content used in promoting their API program to their API consumers.
- Enhanced API Developer Portal User Experience
- New API Portal Dashboard - Enhanced dashboard provides a quick overview of the current state of your API Portal. Access and navigate the Portal using a personalized view of menu options, entities and analytics depending on your role.
- Global Theme updates - In conjunction with the new API Portal look and feel, your theme and page appearance experience has been upgraded.
- New API Wizard for publishing API - The Add/Edit API wizard has been enhanced for a more unified end-to-end API settings and permissions management.
- Analytics Enhancement
- Cross-organizational Analytics for Org Publisher - Analytics reports have been expanded to allow Org Publishers to access metrics and visualize the data for all the APIs and applications owned by their organization as well as applications of other organizations using their APIs.
- Filter API Hits by API Key - Run custom reports with a filter and group API hits by API key using the new API Key dimensional filter.
- Portal Services Enhancements
- SSL Database Connection - By default, all database connections from API Portal are now using SSL encryption for increased data security when supported by the customer’s database server.
- Licensing Update - API Portal customers no longer require separate licenses for using the API Gateway, PSSG, and Ingress containers. This licensing update is part of the direction to eliminate product-level licensing within Layer7, increase the Product License Agreement (PLA) adoption and ease adoption of solutions across the Layer7 API Management offering.
Details on the complete set of features are available in Layer7 API Developer Portal 5.0 Release Notes. For more information about the Gateway Policy Plugin, see the Layer7 API Gateway Policy Plugin release notes.
For more vivid description of the marquee features included in this release, watch these videos:
Information on Layer7 API Management product roadmaps can be arranged through your Broadcom sales/support contacts. We encourage you to visit the API Management information page on the online support website.
If you have any questions or require assistance please contact Customer Care Online where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care Request Form. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see the phone directory for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance, we recommend that you visit the API Academy to see if the new How-To series of videos answers your questions. While there, you can sign-up for the recurring TechTalk monthly webinar series, as well as sign-up for notifications on API Academy updates. Our CA Service experts can also help. For more information on how you can leverage them, click here.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.
The Layer7 API Management team
Copyright © 2020 Broadcom. All Rights Reserved. The term “Broadcom” refers to Broadcom Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Connecting everything, CA Technologies and the CA Technologies logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom.