Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  The SQL Server Express database installation failed while trying to install 14.3 RU4

Posted Jun 20, 2022 07:20 AM
    Edited by Tommy Jun 23, 2022 01:13 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi, Anyone encounter this issue before?

While installing a new SEPM 14.3 RU4 server, it failed while installing the SQL Server Express. Print screen as per below.
    Error: SQL Server Express database installation failed. unknown SQL express installation error!

From the article , I collected and checked the ConfigurationWizard-0.log. I uninstalled and removed all SQL related from the directory and registry level. But it still not allow the installation process to go through. 

Need some idea. Regards

Attachment(s)

log
    ConfigurationWizard-0.log   89 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: The SQL Server Express database installation failed while trying to install 14.3 RU4

Posted Jun 23, 2022 01:06 PM
    After removed the SEPM using Cleanwipe Removal Tools and delete the Symantec folder and Microsoft SQL Folder. I still encounter the same error during the 14.3 RU4 Installation. 

I tried to manually removed all SQL related from the Registry level but no luck. 

1. Delete the following keys in regedit:
    --HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server
    --HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and delete all the sub-keys referencing SQL Server.
    3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete all the keys referencing SQL Server.
    4. Rename all the SQL Server folders in the computer like C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server and subfolders.

• 3.  RE: The SQL Server Express database installation failed while trying to install 14.3 RU4

Posted Jun 23, 2022 01:06 PM
    I tried to manually remove the SQL from the Registry level but still no luck. 

1. Delete the following keys in regedit:
    --HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server
    --HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and delete all the sub-keys referencing SQL Server.
    3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete all the keys referencing SQL Server.
    4. Rename all the SQL Server folders in the computer like C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server and subfolders.