Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SMTP.Office365.com and SEPM

Posted Jan 20, 2023 01:31 PM
    I am getting conflicting reports if smtp.office365.com can be used as the Mail Server in SEPM v. 14.2.  We do not have a local smtp server.  To date, I have not been able to get it to work.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SMTP.Office365.com and SEPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2023 08:18 PM
    It works for me. Since you reference "smtp.office365.com" I assume you are trying option #1 here: How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Microsoft 365 or Office 365. You must use the same email address for sender and user name in the SEPM server email server configuration. This would be the same email address that you use to login to outlook.com, and same password.

​"Send Test Email" sends a test message using those credentials, to the email address configured for the SEPM administrator currently logged in:

Otherwise check error log "scm-ui-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss-mmm.log" in %temp% directory for explanatory errors from the test attempt.

• 3.  RE: SMTP.Office365.com and SEPM

Posted Jan 27, 2023 03:28 AM
    You must verify that SMTP authentication is enabled for the mailbox you are using to send emails.
    Otherwise you can use your M365 domain's MX record without authentication, adding the local IP to the domain's SPF record .

• 4.  RE: SMTP.Office365.com and SEPM

Posted Jan 27, 2023 09:08 AM
    Thank your for your responses.  It is very much appreciated!  I was finally able to get it to work.  It ended up being a firewall issue, the outgoing email was being blocked from the server.  Once a modification was made to the rule, it worked.

Thanks again!