Symantec IT Risk and Compliance Product Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to grade Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled"?

• 1.  How to grade Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled"?

Posted Jul 10, 2012 04:37 PM

I have been unsuccessful in trying to grade a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled". I used the CIS Windows Benchmark standard but I am not getting valid results. The check keeps failing even though I have verified that the setting is set to "warn but allow installation" on the server I am running the check against. This check works fine on a Windows 2000 and 2003 server.

Do you have any ideas on how to get this check to successfully grade a Windows 2008 R2 server?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: How to grade Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled"?

Posted Jul 11, 2012 10:05 AM

...what application is this?

• 3.  RE: How to grade Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled"?

Posted Jul 11, 2012 11:40 AM

Control Compliance Suite

• 4.  RE: How to grade Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled"?

Posted Jul 11, 2012 12:00 PM

Moving this to the CCS forum.

• 5.  RE: How to grade Windows Server 2008 R2 machine for "Unsigned Driver Installation Action Enabled"?

Posted Jul 19, 2012 04:02 AM

Hi Tamekay,

Could you please confirm what CCS version you have and also could you just upload that particular check to me I will confirm in my lab environment and will guide you accordingly.