Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 06:53 PM
    Edited by Kim Peelman Feb 09, 2024 12:14 PM

This is a forward-looking statement. This is subject to change at any time without notice.  The development, release, and timing remain at Broadcom's sole discretion.

I'd like to share our certification plans for 2023. I will update this thread if changes occur. 

1. Microsoft Host Integration Server(HIS) 2020 - DONE
    2. IBM Websphere Liberty - DELAYED
    3. OpenJDK 17 (update 9/18/23: only for Liberty) - DELAYED
    4. Java 17 with relevant application servers (update 9/18/23: only for Liberty) - DELAYED
    5. IBM CICS Transaction Gateway(CTG) v9.3  - DONE
    6. Visual Studio Professional 2022 - DONE
    7. TLS 1.3 Toleration/Support - DONE
    8. Red Hat 9 - DONE
    9. Windows Server 2022 - DONE
    10. AIX 7.3 (stretch goal - added 12/5/23) - DONE

• We will continue our practice of certifying additional IBM software as it becomes available. 

Your feedback helps determine our priorities, so let us know how this news affects you. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this discussion or email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 2.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2023 11:02 AM

I'm pleased to share that we have completed #7, certification of TLS 1.3. The Gen Compatibility Matrix has been updated. No code changes were necessary. 

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 3.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2023 06:03 PM

I'm pleased to share that we have completed #9, certification of Windows Server 2022. The Third-Party Software Version page in TechDocs has been updated. No code changes were necessary. 

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 4.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2023 06:09 PM

It may seem that we are not working these certifications in our original priority order. Behind the scene, that's not the case.  You don't need to worry about the details, but we've run into some dependencies that we're taking care of so the other certifications, like Liberty/RH9/Visual Studio, can be accomplished. We are making progress and we are still targeting completion of these certifications by the end of the year(2023).

One impact to the original plan is regarding Java 17. We now estimate that we will complete Liberty certification with Java 17, but we won't be able to complete all the other application servers. Those will slip to 2024. I have updated the original post to mention this. 

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 5.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2023 07:36 PM

I'm pleased to share that Gen is among the many Broadcom products that are Day-1 ready to support z/OS 3.1. This is documented in the Compatibility Matrix. No code changes were needed for Gen compatibility with z/OS 3.1.

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 6.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2023 09:42 AM

I'm pleased to share that we have completed #8, certification of Red Hat 9.

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 7.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2023 04:19 PM

I'm pleased to share that we have completed #6, certification of Visual Studio Professional 2022.

• The Third-Party Software Version page in TechDocs has been updated. 
    • Support requires the following PTFs: BTN86304, RTN86315, and TSN86309. These affect the Build Tool, Runtime, and Toolset. They are small changes to support new compiler options, new setup scripts, and simplify future versioning in relationship to Rapid Test.

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 8.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 10:10 AM

I have made some updates to the original post. Here's where we are at on certification plans for open items:

• #1 HIS 2020: Our documentation said we support HIS 2006 "or newer". This word choice was causing some confusion, so we have updated the documentation to say "Microsoft Host Integration Server with 32-bit client support (all versions supported by the vendor)". We are able to continuously support your use of newer versions of HIS without you having to wait for us to complete an official certification testing cycle. 

• #2/3/4 are for certification of Liberty. We are continuing to make progress. Changes to support Liberty are more complex than we originally expected, so completion of this certification will drift to 2024. It remains high in our list of priorities.

• #5 CTG v9.3 is delayed. 

• I have added #10 for AIX 7.3 as a stretch goal. Since certification of Liberty is requiring more development capacity than testing capacity, we are able to move AIX 7.3 into our queue. I won't know when we'll complete that certification until we assess it more closely, but I wanted you to know it's coming soon.  

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 9.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2023

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2024 12:13 PM

I'm pleased to share that we have completed #10, the certification of AIX 7.3. The Third-Party Software Version page in TechDocs has been updated. No code changes were necessary. 

We have created a new thread with our certification plans for 2024. Going forward, I will update that thread. 

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX