Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2022 09:52 PM

This is a forward looking statement. This is subject to change at any time without notice.  The development, release and timing remain at Broadcom's sole discretion.

I'd like to share our certification plans for 2022. I will update this thread if changes occur. 

1. IBM WebSphere Application Server 9.0.5
    2. Oracle WebLogic Server 14c
    3. Microsoft Host Integration Server 2020
    4. Windows 11
    • We are also committed to further researching the implications of certifying IBM Websphere "Liberty" and .NET "Core". We know they will be necessary to support, but can't speak to a timeline until we better understand the scope of changes.
    • We anticipate some updated software from IBM, but won't be able to communicate those plans yet. We will continue our practice of certifying IBM software as it becomes available. 

Your feedback helps determine our priorities, so let us know how this news affects you. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this discussion or email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com. I also invite you to vote on community ideas that impact you, like IBM Websphere "Liberty" and .NET "Core"

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Posted May 03, 2022 09:31 AM
    Kim,

Is there any guide for Java JDK ? so moving on from J11 and which OpenJDK streams could be used and validated on ?

Mike

• 3.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2022 11:33 AM

Hi Gen EDGE Community! I just wanted to update you on our certifications for 2022. As mentioned in the sub-bullets of this original post, there have been a number of software updates from IBM. Now that those are officially GA, I can share Gen's status. Some of these were already announced by Broadcom's "Day 1" announcements (Mainframe Compatibilities Page). 

Certified: 

Bonus: We also expanded our certification of Windows CSE using SQL Server by testing with Windows Authentication, so that connection method is now officially supported. More information is documented in this knowledge article and Tech Docs.  

Kim Peelman
      Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
      Product Owner, Gen
      Broadcom
      Plano, TX

• 4.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Broadcom Employee
      Posted Oct 14, 2022 11:50 AM
      Hi Gen EDGE Community! I'm pleased to share that #1 is complete. Tech Docs has been updated to clarify that we support all minor versions of WebSphere Application Server 9.x (that are also supported by the vendor). We also simplified the wording on supported Browsers.
      TechDocs: Third-Party Supported Software. 

Kim Peelman
      Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
      Product Owner, Gen
      Broadcom
      Plano, TX

• 5.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Broadcom Employee
      Posted Oct 26, 2022 02:13 PM

We've had an increased number of questions about our certification plans for next year, so I thought I'd share some info with yall. 

Note: We haven't set our certification priorities for 2023 yet. We welcome your input to help us set those priorities.

• Visual Studio 2022
        • Visual Studio 2022 comes with an option to use previous versions of the compiler.  When we certify Visual Studio 2022, we will modify our Gen VS setup script to provide the ability to use a previous compiler toolset version still in support. 
      • Java 17 
        • Currently WebSphere Liberty does support Java 17, so when we certify on Liberty we'll cover Java 17 with it. We have done some initial research on Liberty and are confident we'll be able to certify, but will expect some small code changes. 
        • JBoss recently announced support for Java 17, so we will add that to our queue of certifications. 
        • WebLogic does not yet support Java 17. We'll watch for when that changes, but I can't predict those timelines. 
        • Wildfly also supports Java 17. Gen stopped supporting Wildfly in 2020 because customers weren't using it. If you are using Wildfly, please let me know. We want to focus our attention on what is most valuable to you. 
        • Beware of rumors! As you can see above, information is still unfolding about Java 17. Go to the source of truth to confirm facts and make your plans. Beware of spam emails that have misinformation to sway your decisions. 
      • WebSphere Liberty and .NET Core are also in the queue, among other things. If these are important to you, vote for the ideas here: IBM Websphere "Liberty" and .NET "Core" 

This is a forward looking statement. This is subject to change at any time without notice.  The development, release and timing remain at Broadcom's sole discretion.

Kim Peelman
      Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
      Product Owner, Gen
      Broadcom
      Plano, TX

• 6.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Broadcom Employee
      Posted Oct 28, 2022 04:21 PM
      I'm pleased to share that #2 is complete. Oracle WebLogic Server 14c is now officially supported for Gen. 
      TechDocs: Third-Party Supported Software. 

Kim Peelman
      Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
      Product Owner, Gen
      Broadcom
      Plano, TX

• 7.  RE: Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2022

Broadcom Employee
      Posted Dec 19, 2022 05:25 PM
      Edited by Kim Peelman Dec 20, 2022 10:23 AM
      I'm pleased to share that Windows 11 certification is complete. 

This completes our 2022 goals for certifications. We're assessing our priorities for 2023 and will start a new thread when we have that list for you.

Kim Peelman
      Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
      Product Owner, Gen
      Broadcom
      Plano, TX