Wisconsin Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Thanks for the great meeting, everyone!

Posted Jul 23, 2011 08:32 PM

I want to give a big thanks to Yaskawa for hosting our second user group meeting.  That Smart Board was so cool - I want one.

We ran a little long but I hope that the meeting was helpful to all that attended.  The open discussion we had at the start ate up some time, but I think it was a very good thing and might be a format we want to use in an upcoming meeting.  We haven't gone through the results of the surveys yet, but it sounded like ServiceDesk is something that you'd like to discuss.  At Aspirus we've been live on SD 7.1 since June 1st and are using our HEAT system as an archive for old tickets only.  If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see post it here and I'll ask our SD guy if he'd be OK with presenting.

Again, thank you to everyone that attended!

• 2.  RE: Thanks for the great meeting, everyone!

Posted Jul 25, 2011 09:06 AM

I agree it was a very worthwhile meeting!  Regarding the smart boards, they are a definite asset, that is why we put them in every conference room at our headquarters in Waukegan.  The one that you saw and used in Oak Creek is actually 5-7 years old.  The newer ones are even cooler.  :)

http://www.smarttech.com/

Regarding running a bit long...somehow I think we ended up finishing 30 minutes ahead of schedule (done by 12:30 with some side discussions continuing a bit further).  We can host further meetings at Yaskawa if the majority wants it, no problem...just need ample heads up to ensure the room is available.

Regarding Service Desk, we would be interested in any workflows that you might be using, especially with other departments such as HR, Facilities, etc (i.e. onboarding, offboarding, Moves/Adds/Changes, etc.).