Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  SIM and SSL

Posted Mar 29, 2013 10:45 AM

I have an odd issue. Both our Production and Development SMP environments are configured to require SSL. When I install a new feature in DEV, SIM works fine and connects to the server just fine over SSL to do the installations. However, in production I always have to turn off "Require SSL" in IIS for SIM to correctly install or upgrade SMP. It always try to connect to port 80 and the HTTP site instead of the SSL site. Does SIM hold it's own configuration settings or something? When we originally installed our Production box we had to turn off SSL because of an issue with SIM messing up with a SAN cert. This was later fixed in a SIM update. However it seem SIM still thinks our Prod box isn't ussing SSL. Are there some config files or regkeys I can update to stop this?

• 2.  RE: SIM and SSL
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 03, 2013 02:09 AM
    Could you please share what SIM version used on Production? If you are using latest version 7.5.92 then SIM would detect IIS changes for SSL. However please note below points if you are using older version: Check registry path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\AIM\Configuration\NSConfiguration If we change this NsConfiguration settings as follows - Change 'NSWebsiteSSL' to 'True' Change 'NSWebSitePort' to '443' or [SSL port you have configured for website] then refresh registry. After these changes, we re-launched SIM and try to install another solution. It got installed successfully. This regitry change will resolve issue and need to launch SMP console with https:\\ Thanks.

• 3.  RE: SIM and SSL

Posted Apr 04, 2013 09:38 AM

Those settings were incorrect in my system I changed them to use SSL and will test it out when we put the next updates into production.