Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow Server Alias

Posted Feb 21, 2013 09:49 AM

How do I configure workflow and my projects to default to the DNS alias that I have setup instead of the server name?

• 2.  RE: Workflow Server Alias
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2013 10:21 AM
    1. In Task Tray tool go to Settings-->Workflow Server Configuration-->Deployment Info. Change the RootUrl property.
    2. Restart Workflow Service.
    3. Redeploy all your projects or go into properties.config file of each deployed project and change the BaseURL property.
    4. Restart IIS.
    5. If you already have processes started there may be be some links stored in the TaskResponse table of database. They should continue to work since you're not changing the machine name but you could run an update query.

• 3.  RE: Workflow Server Alias

Posted Feb 21, 2013 06:25 PM

Thanks! You are on fire this week rhamner!

• 4.  RE: Workflow Server Alias

Posted Feb 22, 2013 08:23 AM

Some of my projects are just data sync workflows that have no user interation. Do I need to redeploy those too or willl they be fine?

• 5.  RE: Workflow Server Alias

Posted Mar 01, 2013 01:03 PM

They should be fine as long as they don't generate tasks.

• 6.  RE: Workflow Server Alias

Posted Mar 11, 2013 11:56 AM

I am trying to publish a link in an email to a ProcessManager report for our Help Desk to check the progress of their deployments. I tried using the following but it jumps back to using the server name and not there alias. Is there a better variable to use? I was trying to get something that would work when I publish to both my Test and Production environments.

[[ProjectProperties].EnsembleURL]/Portal/Template20_80.aspx?PageID=5a790419-9ffc-4aaa-8180-599fab8d4e85

• 7.  RE: Workflow Server Alias

Posted Mar 11, 2013 01:24 PM

On both Workflow machines go to in Task Tray Tool -- >Settings --> Servers and edit "(local)".  Change the IP field to the DNS name.