Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Deadlock error when publishing an update to a workflow.

Posted Mar 20, 2013 08:01 AM

I am getting this error below when trying to publish an update to one of my workflows. Is this error because there is currently a process running with the old version?

Publishing to 'Production' (Managed Environment):
     Server 'MYSERVER': Failure, Reason: Transaction (Process ID 129) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
    Production: Failure, Reason: Transaction (Process ID 129) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

• 2.  RE: Deadlock error when publishing an update to a workflow.

Posted Mar 20, 2013 10:47 AM

No, this is an error from the SMP. Deadlock means the SMP database server was too busy to process the request, or too many transactions where occuring on the SQL server, so this process was abandoned.

Is it happening every time you publish? or just occaisonly?

Rob

• 3.  RE: Deadlock error when publishing an update to a workflow.

Posted Mar 20, 2013 11:40 AM

Thats what I though, first time I have seen it happen. Checked the SQL box and there were no blocking transactions. Tried again a little later and it went through. We are about to upgrade our SQL backend to a physical blade. Should help stop these odd issues.