Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  "Query/Script Generator" With Defined Domain Account

Posted Aug 13, 2013 05:22 PM

I need to run a SQL query on a DB but we want to restrict access to just one domain account. Is there a way to have the generated component run with a different account than what the webservice or current user is running with? We don't want to use the workflow service because then it would need to be auditable. We would rather create a new domain account instead that has read only rights to the DB.

• 2.  RE: "Query/Script Generator" With Defined Domain Account

Posted Aug 14, 2013 07:06 AM

Unsure if I'm reading this correctly, but... can't you just create a new login to the DB (attached to this domain user), and then specify that user in the connection string for the component?

• 3.  RE: "Query/Script Generator" With Defined Domain Account

Posted Aug 14, 2013 08:20 AM
    Trying to get that done here.... We just have a policy were we push for domain accounts and trusted connections.

• 4.  RE: "Query/Script Generator" With Defined Domain Account

Posted Aug 16, 2013 04:22 AM

MS SQL? Either run the Webservice with impersonate,call that from the other Workflow(with normal User) and log the requests for auditing. Here in the end I created a local DB account with read rights and use that in the connection string. At least at that time MS SQL wouldn't work with domain accounts in the connection string. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 5.  RE: "Query/Script Generator" With Defined Domain Account

Posted Aug 16, 2013 02:04 PM

SQL Generator components have an "Authentication Token" field under the General Tab. Could that be used?