Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

• 1.  ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Mar 26, 2013 04:24 PM

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81832

Where are the files and why isn't this just part of a SIM update?

• 2.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 04:59 PM

You get the files from support.

They're not on SIM because they're not tested as thoroughly as SIM releases and you're only supposed to install them if you're affected by one of the issues listed.

• 3.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Mar 27, 2013 03:15 AM

If you are planning to install it I would consider to wait untill next week because Rollup v4 should be released then. An the last rollups always contained the previous rollups which means v4 will probably contain v3.

• 4.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Mar 27, 2013 06:51 AM
    Not sure if we can wait another week. We have agents that have stopped checking in and getting policy updates. Only way to get them working again is to stop the agent service and delete the client policy files.

• 5.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Apr 02, 2013 10:26 AM

The best thing to do is contact support, tell them your issue and get them to open a case. If the problem you are experiencing is fixed in the rollup package, you will be provided with it.

These point-fix packages do not go through full QA testing, so though they may fix an issue with one solution, they may have unintended consequences on other solutions. Our backline support team want to keep track of every customer who has received these packages which is why they are only available on demand.

• 6.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Apr 03, 2013 01:11 PM

noodleNT -

Our Symantec Rep told us the the release date for Rollup 4 has been pushed to May or June 2013.  Don't know if that helps make your upgrade decision.

• 7.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Apr 04, 2013 02:59 AM

I should have known better when I was promised the release date to be 1st April for v4 (Happy April Fool's Day) devil

• 8.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Apr 08, 2013 02:24 AM

I don't know who told you that Rollup v4 would not be available until May or June. I've been told that it is due out any day now. Perhaps the person you were talking to was referring to RU v5?

• 9.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Posted Apr 10, 2013 03:37 AM

For anyone reading this thread, Rollup v4 for 7.1 SP2 MP1 is now available from support.

• 10.  RE: ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup Version 3 Download?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 29, 2013 10:21 PM
    For what it's worth I've never had to state a reason why I wanted any hotfixes or patches or anything. I just open an incident stating that I want to download whatever and an hour later I'm good.