Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow: Save Barcode to Asset

Posted Mar 18, 2013 01:06 PM

What compenent would let me save a value to a NS record? I am trying to save the barcode value to an existing record in the NS. I tried to use SaveResourceNS7Componenet but I keep getting the following error when it hits it:

Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Symantec.Workflow.Components.Resource.SaveResourceNS7Component.Run(IData data) at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.SinglePathProcessComponentExecutionDelegate.Execute(IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp, String& outputPath, IExecutionEngine engine, TLExecutionContext context) at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.AbstractExecutionEngine.RunComponent(TLExecutionContext context, IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp)

• 2.  RE: Workflow: Save Barcode to Asset

Posted Mar 18, 2013 01:55 PM

A few guesses:

1. You don't have a Create SMP Credentials component in your flow before using this component

1. The NSWebService solution is not installed on your SMP. If it is, then

2. The generated Resource library you have one your machine does not contain a "SaveAsset" method. If you have an SMP with Asset installed, you can regenerate your Resourc elibrary to pick up this method.

• 3.  RE: Workflow: Save Barcode to Asset
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 18, 2013 03:51 PM

Nope, Nope and Nope. I have all that stuff and I am using it with other NS tasks. However, I did find another way to do it. There is a component called "Set Barcode For Asset" under CMDB. That worked like a charm.