Discovery and Inventory Group

View Only
  • 1.  Inventory Macmini Failed

Posted Nov 10, 2014 03:35 PM

Hello Everyone!

I need help , the inventory in an mac mini fail, when the task is running :

In the client task history

Execution result: -2111635340 task execution failed to complete due to the premature termiantion of  Agent Service

this just  does in the machines Mac mini

her characteristics are:

mini.jpg

• 2.  RE: Inventory Macmini Failed

Posted Nov 10, 2014 04:10 PM

Hi, 

What version of OS X is on the mac mini? 

What version of the ns agent for mac is running - run: aex-helper -v

What kind of task is failing - Deployment, inventory, software management or some other run script task? 

Is pcanywhere running on this mac mini? If so, please see the following for an update to the mac pca client: 

The updated PcA for Mac package can be downloaded from: 

https://symantec.box.com/s/p1nvvndvvrziit7fde0n 

This folder contains a single zip file. 

To Install the new build of the pcanywhere plugin: 

1. Unzip the file. Name of the modified component : SymantecpcAPlugin.pkg.tar.gz. 
    2. Browse to C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\pcAMacAgent folder on ITMS server machine. 
    3. Make a backup copy of the existing SymantecpcAPlugin.pkg.tar.gz. 
    4. Copy the new SymantecpcAPlugin.pkg.tar.gz to this directory. 
    5. Run the following tasks from the Windows Task Scheduler. 
    a.NS.Package Distribution Point update schedule 
    b.NS.Package Refresh 
    c.NS.Package Server Status Event Capture Item 
    6. Enable the pca for Mac installation policy in the NS console and allow time for the clients to install it. 
    8. Monitor and test pcanywhere for correct functionality and that the Thinhost process is not restarting.

Note that once the package file is unzipped, you can copy the pkg file to a mac machine and double-click it to install the new pca client software. In other words, it doesn't "have" to be pushed from the NS console. 

• 3.  RE: Inventory Macmini Failed

Posted Nov 10, 2014 07:01 PM

Thank you dougj!

What version of OS X is on the mac mini? 

OS X 10.9.5

the install it did to 8 days ago, with the last fixes for SMP,the plug-in of  deployment  and Plug-in of inventory

What version of the ns agent for mac is running - run: aex-helper -v

in this moment i have not version complete of the plug-in inventory.
    but the same agents were execute without  error in a laptop MAC with OS x 10.7,running all task of Inventory.

What kind of task is failing - Deployment, inventory, software management or some other run script task? 

All Tasks of Inventory

Is pcanywhere running on this mac mini?

yes.

Error.jpg

• 4.  RE: Inventory Macmini Failed

Posted Nov 10, 2014 07:05 PM

OK. There is a known issue with the pcanywhere client software. It needs to be updated. Please follow the instructions in my previous comment to update pcanywhere. After ugprading, the agent should work correctly. 

• 5.  RE: Inventory Macmini Failed

Posted Mar 11, 2015 04:43 PM

Doug,

I'm getting the same error with Mac Image Creation.  Is the pcanywhere client involved at all in deployment tasks or does that not even matter.  Could it cause the agent to terminate for image creation tasks too.

If I were to follow your pcanywhere update instructions, would I need to recreate my NetBoot image as well?

Thanks

Jimmy