Discovery and Inventory Group

View Only
  • 1.  Standalone Inventory

Posted Aug 15, 2015 06:55 AM

Good %Greeting Time%,

Can anyone please tell me what Windows OS versions 'Standalone Inventory' will run on?

I see plenty of links telling me how to set it up and execute it etc, but can't find anything that clearly states the OS's!! ...arghh!

I'm assuming all version of Windows. I especially want to run it on Windows 2000, and Windows 2003, because anything before Win2003SP2 does not support the SMA.

We are running AMS,CMS,SMS, 7.5SP1

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Standalone Inventory
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2015 10:21 AM

Hi Mike,

"Stand-alone inventory" package should work on all supported Windows OS as client within appropriate ITMS release, which you are using, according to client OS support matrix https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO9965.html

Since End-Of-Life Windows OS, such as Windows 2000 which isn't supported as managed client in 7.5 SP1 release, there is no 100% guarantee that extracted "Stand-alone inventory" package will successfully collect hardware/software inventory on Windows 2000 Server. For End-Of-Life OS you can try it to see whether it will successfully gather inventory or not, since for "Stand-alone inventory" package there is no need to install "Symantec Management Agent" on EOL OS.

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Standalone Inventory

Posted Aug 17, 2015 02:04 AM

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your comments.

I guess I'll just have to try it, and if it doesn't work I'll just import the data using CMDB Solution.

Thanks!