Dallas Security-DLP User Group

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 06, 2012 06:46 PM

Anyone know if there are any plans for further development for the SEP workflow components? Specifically, a component that can add/create groups? I've put together a workflow that grabs a computer OU location in AD and moves it to the corresponding group in the SEPM. I would like to just create the group if it sees that it doesn't exist.  So for now I have it moving to the next machine if it can't find anything that matches. I've checked the SQL side as well and it doesn't appear that there are any stored procedures that do this that have been made available. Any insight or pointers would be appreciated.

SEP 12.1

Workflow 7.1 Sp1

• 2.  RE: SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 07, 2012 06:52 AM

The SEP components are basically just wrappers for the SEP web services (at the time they were developed, the services included Admin, Clients, Commands, Policies, and a Session service used to log in). If there is a web method exposed that can add a group, it would be fairly easy to implement.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 07, 2012 11:06 AM

So the URL workflow is pointing to in the properties tab doesn't seem to let me access any methods. I get the screenshot below. Is there anything else or another url that would let me access them directly?

https://sepserver:8443/spc-webservice

• 4.  RE: SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 07, 2012 11:39 AM

There is one thing: you have to have session-based authenitcation enabled on your SEPM to get the SEP components working.

The sepserver:8443 is just a placeholder, BTW... you should just replace sepserver:8443 with the IP/machinename:port of your SEP. You can verify the web services are installed on your machine by looking for a directory/file called spc-webservice

• 5.  RE: SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 07, 2012 11:46 AM

Yeah I have the existing components working fine, I was just curious to see if there were any additional or at least one that will create groups.

I would like for my workflow to create a group if it doesn't see that it exists already. This would make our life a lot easier as we're about to migrate all of our machines over to our new environment and we'll need to manually move them.

• 6.  RE: SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 07, 2012 12:50 PM

Check the WSDL of the SEP web services. If no web servive method exists to Add a Group, something custom would have to be made. If there is a web service, this is defnitiely something we can work on in a future release.

• 7.  RE: SEP 12 Workflow Components

Posted Aug 07, 2012 01:56 PM

I don't seem to be able to get to the wsdl or maybe I'm just not doing it right or don't have the address. I tried  the url and added ?wsdl but I'm not having any luck. I did a search on the SEPM server and didn't have anything come back with wsdl in it. 

Is there another address for the asmx location?