Michigan Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Application Metering Policies Hidden After SP1 Upgrade

Posted Jun 12, 2014 09:20 AM

Hello all,

Interesting problem here.  After completing the ITSM 7.5 SP1 upgrade, all of my appication metering policies are hidden from view.  I've verified that they are still active on client workstations but I'm not able to view/edit/delete and of these now.  I'm currently waiting for support communication but I wanted to start this thread in case anyone else is seeing the same issue.  The application metering policies being used were imported from 7.1 and are still completely functional.  If I search for any of these in the policy, they are showing under \Policies\Software\Application Metering but they are not viewable in the policies view.

Thanks!

Paul

• 2.  RE: Application Metering Policies Hidden After SP1 Upgrade

Posted Jun 12, 2014 10:25 AM

Paul,

It sounds like a Role or Permission issue for the View. I would check the Role and see if there are any changes that could be made. Another test is to rerun the AexConfigure for Application metering.

• 3.  RE: Application Metering Policies Hidden After SP1 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2014 11:15 AM

Yes, open Altiris Log Viewer to see what log shows on attempt to browse page, where App Metering policy should appear, then it will be easy to determine whether this is a privilege/permission problem.

Although I've done upgrade from ITMS 7.5 HF6 to ITMS 7.5 SP1 and I see that my custom App Metering policy is available.

• 4.  RE: Application Metering Policies Hidden After SP1 Upgrade

Posted Jun 12, 2014 11:31 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I'm currently working with support and have already used aexconfig and repaired inventory from SIM.  Currently the policies are active, in the database, and being applied but they are hidden from view.  I am an administrator and have had no permission issues thus far.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Application Metering Policies Hidden After SP1 Upgrade
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2014 12:17 PM

You can check this policy "Attributes" field state in "Item" SQL table.

For example, my App Metering policy name is "New Application metering policy":

SELECT * FROM Item WHERE Name ='New Application metering policy'

I have "Attributes" = 0

If I'll manually update App Metering policy "Attributes" = 1, then it will be hidden from SMP Console.

• 6.  RE: Application Metering Policies Hidden After SP1 Upgrade

Posted Jun 12, 2014 01:56 PM

Igor,

Thank you for the response.  I was just going to give the same information.  After working with support we found that the root folders that housed these policies did change their attribute to 1 sometime after the SP1 installation. 

Its a great mystery but the problem is resolved for now

Thanks everyone!