Michigan Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Task Server and the ASDK

Posted Mar 18, 2008 03:55 PM
    Has anybody had issues with sending a task to a computer. I can send it to a collection but not a computer using the ASDK and ExecuteTask method. Also the task shows up under tasks but will not run. I do have the script work now where it create a hidden collection and then kicks off the task. If anyone wants to see the script let me know. Here a couple of more questions. Has any one found a way to send paramaters to the task. For example on a Software Delivery task send the package name? That way you could have a single task and your script or program can pass needed values through the SDK and the inputxml settings. We are just starting to use task server and I sent a machine a task and it had an error. From then on I have not been able to send tasks to this machine. Any Ideas of how I can make it start working again.

• 2.  RE: Task Server and the ASDK

Posted Mar 19, 2008 02:08 PM
    What priority does the task have you're trying to send?

• 3.  RE: Task Server and the ASDK

Posted Mar 19, 2008 02:46 PM
    If so, can you execute the task outside of Task Server? That should tell you if you've got an issue with Task Server, or if its the task itself that is an issue. Dave Durkee

• 4.  RE: Task Server and the ASDK

Posted May 27, 2008 07:42 PM
    I am located in Grand Rapids and am having this same issue, did you ever figure out what the problem was? I verified all the correct solutions were installed, I can call them using the ASDK outside of the console just not from within the console....

• 5.  RE: Task Server and the ASDK

Posted May 28, 2008 07:04 PM
    Back when we our company had an Altiris AE, I asked him about this. He went to the developers and came back and said the ASDK method was specifically made to apply only to guids who are of the type "collection". I think our AE added a feature request to allow computer guids, but I can't find any KB article to reference this. I will look through my old e-mails and see if I can find it. To work around this, I create a collection, add the computers I want to the collection, update the collections, execute the task, then delete the collection. The tasks work fine if the collection is deleted AFTER you run the ExecuteTask method. The whole process is so fast that you never see the collection in the system. It's a dumb that we need a workaround but hopefully they will address if/when ASDK 1.5 releases.