Twin Cities Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Sysprep Question

Posted Dec 03, 2009 12:04 PM
    Hello,

I am using DS 6.9 SP3 Build 375.

I'm using Sysprep in DS to capture & deploy images for an HP 6930p and an HP Dc7900 SFF. After the image is uploaded and Sysprep is configuring I am being prompted for C:\Sysprep\i386. If I type in C:\i386 the configuration completes. The same thing happens when downloading,

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks,
    Ann

• 2.  RE: Sysprep Question

Posted Dec 03, 2009 12:16 PM
    Did you use nlite to slipstream Win XP sp3? I had the same problem and the only solution I could find was to put all of the files sysprep was looking for into the C:\Sysprep\i386 folder on the image. I havent tested this but I think if you instal SP3 manually and not use nlite to slipstream it you might get rid of the problem.

• 3.  RE: Sysprep Question

Posted Dec 03, 2009 01:44 PM
    Our corporate office slipstreamed SP3, but I don't know what they used. When DS runs sysyprep doesn't it put that folder structure on C:\?

The really weird thing is that it's only these two models it's happening on.

• 4.  RE: Sysprep Question

Posted Dec 03, 2009 08:11 PM
    Hey Ann, try this.

Inside your express share, check the sysprep folder and edit the sysprep file, i.e standardxp.inf and comment out (i.e use a semicolon in front of the line) so that the following synatax looks like this.

[Unattended]
        OemSkipEula=Yes
    ;    InstallFilesPath=%BOOTDRIVE%Sysprep\i386
        UnattendMode=FullUnattended
        DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
            OemPnPDriversPath=drivers
            UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes
            EMSSkipUnattendProcessing=Yes

• 5.  RE: Sysprep Question

Posted Dec 04, 2009 08:15 AM
    Keep in mind you may need to re-inject this file into the image, unless you plan on creating a new image.

• 6.  RE: Sysprep Question

Posted Feb 08, 2010 11:28 AM
    Well this is embarassing...

What I'm getting prompted for is a dosapp.fon file. Why would Sysprep prompt for a font file? I don't understand. Again, it's only happening on new models of pc's, Dc7900, 6930p, xw4600's.